Within a project, students will learn how to tackle a research project. They will work together with Phd-students and postdoctoral researchers and develop detailed knowledge of a topic of current research.
Here, initial MATLAB or Python simulations are supposed to accompany the project work. Furthermore, students will learn how to read scientific texts effectively and to report research findings in writing and in seminar presentations.
In a Bachelor/Master thesis, students will get insight into a topic of current research. They will learn how to use MATLAB or Python for implementing algorithms and carrying out simulations. Real data may be available as well, depending on the chosen topic.
Students are encouraged to realise their own ideas within the project. Generally, the projects can be adapted to the student's interest. The following list provides a selection of student projects which are currently offered by the Bioinspired Communication Systems Lab:
Current available projects:
- Implementation of post-transcriptional regulated cell-free circuits into microfluidic chemostat
- Machine Learning for Image Analysis and Cell Segmentation in Biological Research
- Learning non-Markovian multi-component temporal processes from biological high-throughput data
- Channel Capacity of Amplitude- vs. Frequency modulated regulation
- Spectral Methods for Markov Chain Aggregation
- Higher-order integration schemes for jump-diffusion models of biomolecular reaction networks